What is the place of song in a Lord’s Day church worship service?
Under the teaching ministry of the church, Trinity and Christ centered scriptural poems set to arrangements of melody, harmony, and rhythm, supporting their theological meaning, are to be sung, but not confused or mixed with musical entertainment. See, Psalmody and Hymnody, Psalm 119:172, Ephesians 5:18-19, Colossians 3:16
- Sermon in Song, Sacred Music as Proclamation
- Luther and Bar Song, The Truth, Please!
- Why Johnny Can’t Sing Hymns: How Pop Culture Rewrote the Hymnal, T, David Gordon, P&R
- Criteria for Selecting Hymns, T, David Gordon
- Trinity Hymnal and Trinity Hymnal Revised, Great Commission
- Psalter Hymnal, Reformed Fellowship
- Psalter Hymnal, CRC